Black Range Chapel
The Black Range Chapel in Sandstone was originally constructed in 1908 as a Catholic Church known as St Athanasius. A year later an adjoining school was built which had 60 pupils by 1911. The convent closed in 1929 due to population decrease. This school building was then moved to Wiluna.
In October 1995 the Catholic Bishop of Geraldton vested the premises to the Shire of Sandstone and it became a non-denominational church named the Black Range Chapel. Major restorations to the Chapel took place in 1995.
The main feature of the Black Range Chapel restoration is the stained glass window which depicts the local landscape, flora and fauna. Today the chapel is mainly used for weddings, funerals and other special occasions.